Pilates-based training and rehabilitation
Our class timetable is as follows. Please note that we need to assign you a class that is suitable for your abilities, so we cannot guarantee that you will receive a slot in a class you choose from the list below.
The costs of our sessions are as follows:
Private (one-on-one) sessions
R385 per class
R220 per person
R90 per class (we calculate each month’s rate separately)
R195 per session
Payment is required monthly, in advance, by the first day of each month. To keep in line with inflation, we reserve the right to increase our fees annually. We will notify you one month on advance of our annual fee increase.
Should you wish to make a payment via direct transfer, the studio's bank details are as follows
Lisa Thomas Studio
Standard Bank, Constantia
Account number 271 602 910
Please e-mail payment confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Offering ante-natal and post-natal classes
Private session: call or e-mail to book a slot, R350.00
• Promotes improvement in posture, correcting lordosis due to the weight of the baby and
shoulder girdle posture due to increase in breast size.
• Teaches you to be in control of your body, by heightening your body awareness.
• Maintains abdominal function and correct diastasis recti pathology.
• Prepares the body for the demands of increased weight-bearing and the extra stress on
the circulatory system.
• Improves relaxation skills to release tension and allow you to be more comfortable during
your pregnancy and labour.
• Strengthens the pelvic floor for the increased weight it needs to carry, for the birth and for sex.
• Provides lots of care and positive input to help improve your body image.
• Provides information and reassurance about the continual changes in your body.
• Encourages gentle cardiovascular work, getting you fit for labour and delivery.
• Improves awareness of the breath control that is important during labour.
• Prevents problems caused by joint instability, such as sacroiliac pain, back pain and pubic
• Strengthens the upper body for breastfeeding and infant care.
Please remember that before you commence your pregnancy sessions we need a letter of consent from your gynaecologist.
Pilates for pregnancy
All content copyright Lisa Thomas Studio 2019
Landscape photographs copyright Di Lavies 2007